Re: NANFA-L-- Handbook of Darters by Page Available

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Handbook of Darters by Page Available
From: Dave McNeely (dlmcneely-in-lunet.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 14:46:16 CDT

I've got all of these, and the newly issued Boschung and Mayden, The Fishes
of Alabama (with prints of Tomeleri paintings instead of photos, but,
WOW!!). Yeah, Kuehne and Barber used a superior photography setup to that
of Page. I use the same setup, and it works great for digital photos, too.

Dave McNeely, Oklahoma (many drainages, unless I just sign Mississippi
Drainage)

However, if you are into color photos, The American
> Darters is superior. Fishes of Tennessee is better still, but more
> limited in scope. Fishes of Tennessee along with FW Fishes of
> Virginia will give you the bulk of the eastern darters in full color.
> Throw in Fishes of Arkansas for the western species.
>
> --
> Mark
> Ohio River drainage
> Ohio USA
> <))><
> / visit http://www.nanfa.org . Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
> / consistent with the guidelines as per
> / http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. To subscribe,
> / unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and
> / archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:24:19 CDT