NANFA-L-- Ranger Bob's Fish Camp 2

Subject: NANFA-L-- Ranger Bob's Fish Camp 2
From: Bob Culler (rangerbob-in-optidynamic.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 08:28:05 CDT

Hello All,

I am planning a sampling/snorkeling trip in SW VA for Labor Day weekend
(Sept. 3-5). This would include the upper Holston R. system and the upper
Clinch R. system. Accomodations will be a primitive cabin (no running water
or electricity) on Possum Creek in VA (just north of Kingsport, TN) with
plenty of room in the yard for tents, if you prefer. I can also make
recommendations for hotels in the Kingsport area if you prefer.

This area offers some of the longest stretches of undammed mid-sized river
in the southeast. In additon to great fish diversity, the Clinch has some
of the best mussel diversity anywhere in the world. Lots of things to see!

In addition, we can tour the facilities-in-my workplace, Bays Mtn. Park, in
Kingsport, TN (www.baysmountain.com).

Hopefully the water will be fairly clear for snorkeling, but don't count on
it. This trip is subject to cancellation because of weather or other
factors. Hope those hurricanes stay away!

Any questions? E-mail me off list.

Ranger Bob
rangerbob-in-optidynamic.com
Holston R. Drainage
Kingsport, TN
"The power of humans to degrade the natural world is awesome; the
capability to reconstitute it later is mythical."

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:24:20 CDT