Re: NANFA-L-- response to spotfin shiner comments

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- response to spotfin shiner comments
From: Todd D. Crail (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 16:18:41 CST

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lori Austin

  Can I put redside dace in with the spotfins? Or will the spotfins attack? If so I may need to rethink the spotfins.
I've kept them together without problems Mike. The redsides are greedy enough feeders that they'll compete okay with the spotfins. Blacknose dace work _really_ well with them too. I don't know if SRBD will work though (just thinking ahead).

These are central longear, right? We need to get you up into the Mighty Muddy Maumee for some central-colored northern longear. They max out-in-4.5" and are chilled out except when another lepomid gets out of line :)

Speaking of.... I think it's time to do something with that cyanellus x macrochirus beast. His belly was all orange last night, and I've been finding bite marks on my chubs and logperch on the floor.

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:41:45 CST