RE: NANFA-L-- crappie feeding

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- crappie feeding
From: Rose, Patrick PO (PWRose-in-C2Cen.uscg.mil)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 10:09:42 CST

Ok you guys are feeding ones that can take regular size red worms.
I have a 4 very small and yet to be determined because they are too small.
How do I get them to eat, I chopped up worms but they run as soon as it hits
the tank, same with the flake food, I have had them for 4 days now, they
dont appear to be starving but I never see them eat anything either. They
are in a tank with a bunch of killies, I expect the killies to dissapear as
soon as these guys get big enough to start eating them, and this is going to
be my transition away from the killies, while letting them serve a purpose.
But if these little guys dont start eating I dont know that tey are going to
make it. I have never had trouble getting any fish to eat, but I have never
had ones this small before. I still dont know if they are crappie or sunfish
yet, there is little to no markings and the body shapes look about the same
to me.

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:41:55 CST