RE: NANFA-L-- Mudminnow behaviour

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Mudminnow behaviour
From: Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 11:48:51 CST

They're tiny lurking predators. The eastern mudminnows that I've kept tend to not do very much else but wait near cover for food to come by, and then dash out and grab it. They're like pike and pickerel in that respect, only much smaller. And they're mouths are small enough so that they can't swallow other mud minnows of nearly equal size whole.