RE: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:23:19 -0800 (PST)

--0-517826456-1106058199=:75874

OMG! 50.99 for blackside darters and you must buy 2 !

Hmmmm so Ohio fishing license is abou 17 dollars. Gas to drive to places where I know they exist about 15 dollars. 4 x 8 seine from Cabela's 15 dollars. Bubbler top for 5 gallon bucket was about 15. Even if I were only to go collecting ONCE all year I am still way up on doing it myself, and that doesn't even factor in the fun. I am guessing their market is Europeans, and people in the U.S. that don't know what you can do with a fishing license.

Spotfin shiner's for 8.99! I can seine 50-in-a time, same thing with Sand's. Whew I hope it isn't to cover overhead...Logperch fragile????

I just was involved in a long messageboard discussion about natives on Ohiogamefishing.com and people had no clue about NANFA, or what you could keep, and how, other than a few pointing out they had kept LMB and Bluegills. Although one specifically did know you, Todd, said he was a grad student-in-UTol, and I think I turned a few people onto the site-in-the least. I think there is just a growing gap of those that know and those that don't, and those that don't know don't seem to know where to find the info.

I like their mission statement though.

Bruce Stallsmith <fundulus-in-hotmail.com> wrote:
Wow, they're peddling logperch and rainbows for $20.99 each. I'd be curious
who the market is, real or perceived.

--Bruce Stallsmith
both sp-ecies are cold today near the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Nick Zarlinga"
>To: "NANFA (E-mail)"
>Subject: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:13:38 -0500
>
>Check out this site:
>
>http://www.btdarters.com
>
>Nick Zarlinga
>Aquarium Biologist
>Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
>216.661.6500 ext 4485

/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/

--0-517826456-1106058199=:75874

<DIV>OMG! 50.99 for blackside darters and you must buy 2 ! </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hmmmm so Ohio fishing license is abou 17 dollars. Gas to drive to places where I know they exist about 15 dollars.&nbsp; 4 x 8 seine from Cabela's 15 dollars.&nbsp; Bubbler top for 5 gallon bucket was about 15.&nbsp; Even if I were only to go collecting ONCE all year I am still way up on doing it myself, and that doesn't even factor in the fun.&nbsp; I am guessing their market is Europeans, and people in the U.S. that don't know what you can do with a fishing license.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Spotfin shiner's for 8.99! I can seine 50-in-a time, same thing with Sand's. Whew I hope it isn't to cover overhead...Logperch fragile????</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I just was involved in a long messageboard discussion about natives on Ohiogamefishing.com and people had no clue about NANFA, or what you could keep, and how, other than a few pointing out they had kept LMB and Bluegills.&nbsp; Although one specifically did know you, Todd, said he was a grad student-in-UTol, and I think I turned a few people onto the site-in-the least.&nbsp; I think there is just a growing gap of those that know and those that don't, and those that don't know don't seem to know where to find the info.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I like their mission statement though.<BR><BR><B><I>Bruce Stallsmith &lt;fundulus-in-hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Wow, they're peddling logperch and rainbows for $20.99 each. I'd be curious <BR>who the market is, real or perceived.<BR><BR>--Bruce Stallsmith<BR>both sp-ecies are cold today near the Tennessee<BR>Huntsville, AL, US of A<BR><BR>&gt;From: "Nick Zarlinga" <NJZ-in-CLEVELANDMETROPARKS.COM><BR>&gt;Reply-To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org<BR>&gt;To: "NANFA (E-mail)" <NANFA-L-in-NANFA.ORG><BR>&gt;Subject: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier<BR>&gt;Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:13:38 -0500<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Check out this site:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;http://www.btdarters.com<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Nick Zarlinga<BR>&gt;Aquarium Biologist<BR>&gt;Cleveland Metroparks Zoo<BR>&gt;216.661.6500 ext 4485<BR><B
beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,<BR>/ visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are<BR>/ consistent with the guidelines as per<BR>/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,<BR>/ unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and<BR>/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>