Re: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:02:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Well, I went to the NANFA annual meeting for those great speaker sessions. The collecting trip was just a side benefit.

Re: collecting for fun, I do it all the time. I have a small digital camera and a photo tank. So I'll catch a few fish, spend an hour or so photographing them, and then put them back where I got them. After each use, I disinfect the photo tank.

-----Original Message-----
From: EELReprah-in-aol.com
Sent: Jan 18, 2005 10:54 AM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- native fish supplier

In a message dated 1/18/05 7:23:05 AM, njz-in-clevelandmetroparks.com writes:

<< http://www.btdarters.com

You know what? If you want those fish for your aquarium and you can't or
won't do your own collecting or you figure the real costs, it might be reasonable.
If I calculate what I spent to go collecting last year-in-the NANFA
Convention in South Carolina and the fish that I brought home successfully, it is way
over $50 per fish. If I do the same for the fish I collected in Uruguay
successfully last July, it is even higher. Now, I don't go on these collecting trips
with the objective of cheap fish for my aquarium but for the enjoyment factor.
Others may feel differently -- probably no one on this list.

Lee Harper
Media, PA USA
/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/