Re: NANFA-L-- Sturgeon

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:40:47 EDT

--part1_1f4.ce257b5.2ff855cf_boundary

psalm119.111-in-gmail.com writes:

> Moon,
> Weren't you looking for sturgeon? Check out aquabid.
> Mike Lucas

Hey Mike, I appreciate the heads up, I have been looking for some shovelnose
sturgeons for quite a long while but these are European sturgeon called
sterlets. The are not as suitable as aquarium subjects as the native shovelnose
sturgeons are. The sterlets are brackish water fish and get bigger than shovelnose
sturgeons. I contacted the guy who was selling them and they are being bred
in Florida of all places! The sterlets are thicker and heavier per foot than a
shovelnose and these are being raised for meat. I wish I could get the people
who breed shovelnose to sell some of them into the pet trade but so far all
that are being sold are huge lake sturgeons and sterlets. Thanks for thinking of
me.

Michael

--part1_1f4.ce257b5.2ff855cf_boundary-- /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml