Re: NANFA-L-- coasta rica

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- coasta rica
From: Todd D. Crail (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 12:27:29 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dustin Smith" <dsmith73-in-hotmail.com>

> Where are you going there? That's some kind of ecology lab. We never had
> that choice when I was in school.

Hi Dustin,

We never had that kind of choice either. These kids are so spoiled these
days ;)

We're going to the Center for Sustainable Development Studies, School of
Field Studies, Atenas, Costa Rica. The website for the location is:

http://www.fieldstudies.org/pages/46_costa_rica.cfm

My Advisor is the one running the field trip. He also has a grant that pays
for our travel. So, for us grad students on TA, it'll end up costing about
$80 a day.

This makes every minute I have to spend with the unidirectional, blindered
"Modelers" and "Smashers" worth it! :)

Really, it's some kind of Ecology Department here-in-UT. The Patriarch of
this newly formed department studied under Odum-in-UGA back in the 60's and
had some pretty neat things impressed into his mind. The department
combines the ecologists and environmental sciences, and also, the geology
department. It's really kind of cool to see someone-in-least still sees
them as interrelated, and has made efforts to continue with that idea. All
this splitting can drive you nuts... Let's look-in-some critters and
landscapes! :)

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com