RE: NANFA-L--OT- Red Spotted Newts

Subject: RE: NANFA-L--OT- Red Spotted Newts
From: Schlueter, Scott L LRB (
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 08:55:07 CST

The only record I found was a boy scout ate several rolled in a piece of ill effect to the boy scout. The author then stated that the
account is surprising given that humans have died or become severely ill
from eating western newts (Taricha) that contain similar skin toxins.
I wouldn't try it-in-home....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-L--OT- Red Spotted Newts

Does anyone know if the red efts are dangerous to dogs or humans?


/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
/ visit . Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
/ consistent with the guidelines as per
/ To subscribe,
/ unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and
/ archive-in-

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 12:42:50 CST