Re: NANFA-L-- Habitat Partitioning in a 100 gallon

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Habitat Partitioning in a 100 gallon
From: matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 22:06:19 CST

I am SOO jealous of that plant growth. My sandbed was going great until I had a some feeder fatheads bring in a fungus and I haphazardly treated the tank rather than the patients (god apartments suck for this hobby) and I lost 90% of my plants. Also my male longear decided he wanted to make a nest and threw sand EVERYWHERE, covering my thin layer of fracture clay and overall making it look bad. So after trying to sort out things, a big blue grean slimy algal/bacteria bloom, and another purchase of plants I am finally getting things remotely back to normal but still not seeing the same growth as I had before. I think I may have found the limits, both biotically and economically for this system, mostly in the filtration department. I need more rocky substrate too I think my layer is just a little too thin.... but yeah... I am jealous, to put it simply....