Re: NANFA-L-- Sucker tank

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Sucker tank
From: Todd D. Crail (tcrail at UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 09:56:41 CDT

Ummmm... If you're thinking of that combination, and having to ask if it would work... I really think you should seriously reconsider keeping any suckers until you have some more experience under your belt.

_A_ bowfin might be a better choice for you, although it will limit the other species you'll be able to keep. Like, uh, all of them that fit in its mouth.

That tank would make a great display of centrarchids. Have you considered keeping pumpkinseeds or longear? Aggressive feeding species of minnows (cyprinella shiners for one) work very well in this kind of configuration.

Todd