Re: NANFA-L-- Toxic Caulerpa?

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Toxic Caulerpa?
From: matt ashton (ashtonmj2003 at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 07:05:24 CDT

I think the toxic musings on caulerpa have to do with C. mexicana, which I believe is toxic to fish as a defense. Anyone insterested in a good read about the problems of invasive species in our waters should read "killer algae" which is about C. mexicana basically on its path to taking over the mediteranean sea.

Moontanman at aol.com wrote:Here is a site that says that caulerpa actually has medicinal qualities.

Moon

Click here: http://floridapets.tripod.com/prolifera.html