Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish
From: Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus at hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 07:51:18 CDT

Wimpy or not, is a matter of false pride. The bald eagle across much of its
range is primarily a scavenger. Shad are honest, hardworking planktivores
who have to make challenging spawning runs, and usually survive to do it
again. If you've ever hooked one they don't just pop out of the water but
fight for a long time. It's all very American in a good way.

--Bruce Stallsmith
we have eagles along the Tennessee
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>You guys are all thinking about wimpy fish. The bald eagle is not a wimpy
>bird,
>so neither should our national fish be! What other fish could possibly
>beat up
>an alligator gar?
>
>--Irate

/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.