Re: NANFA-- green earthworms dont squiggle

Sajjad Lateef (sajjad_at_acm.org)
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:35:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

I saw some 'worm bedding' in the K-mart this afternoon. This was
sold along with styrofoam boxes with airholes for keeping worms alive. Has
anyone used this for keeping earthworms? What were your observations? Can
red wigglers and nightcrawlers be maintained and bred in this environment?

btw, the local tackle store guy said that red wigglers were
poisonous. I am disinclined to believe him. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks.
Sajjad