Re: NANFA-- Mermaids in Seattle

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:10:11 -0700

<x-flowed>
At 08:05 PM 4/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Jay,
>
>I don't know if you have been there, but 'Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe is still
>a waterfront attraction in Seattle. Today it resides in a modern building
>by it's self on a pier on Elliot Bay. In the early sixties it was a small
>store front very "dark" shop on Alaskan Way. To a young boy looking for
>entertainment, the shop was full of fantasy fulfillment. There were
>shrunken heads, Sylvester the mummy, and indeed the mermaid pictured in your
>article. They are all still there today.

Yes, Tom, that was where I got the photocopy of the newspaper story. The
store is very touristy, but I guess they have to make a living, and they're
right in the heart of the tourist district.

I found out that their mermaid is:
head of a monkey
body of a seal
tail of a salmon

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>