Re: NANFA-- Sycolin Creek Trip Loudon County, VA April 8, 2001

Mike Thennet (thennet_michael_at_tmac.com)
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:39:30 -0400

Bob Culler wrote:

> Yeah, I have 5 right now. I caught them as juveniles in the fall of 1999.
> They have done very well in my 55. As for feeding, they eat just about
> everything! I feed frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, usually twice a day.
> They are very good algae eaters. I only clean the front glass about once
> every 3 months. The back, sides, and rocks seem to have enough algae to
> keep them occupied between feedings. Also, these fish are very easy-going
> with my darters and shiners.

Thanks Bob,

I will try to collect a couple females later this month in order to have a group.
The male I currently have has already cleaned my quarantine tank of all it's
algae. Have you ever tried to feed them fresh cucumber or boiled zuchinni?
Plecos in the tropical trade can be weened on to such veggies.

Mike