RE: NANFA-- Keeping Largemouths in Aquarium...

Whitlock, Steve (Steve_Whitlock_at_jdedwards.com)
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:27:39 -0600

"If he hadn't eaten in several days, he would take mice."

I have a Jack Russell Terrier (9 years old now) and our breeder told us to
train him to hunt by putting a mouse in a bathtub and letting him 'hunt' it
and kill it. However, she warned us not to allow him to eat the mouse
because it could cause the dog to get worms/parasites. Is there any similar
danger for fish?

SW

-----Original Message-----
From: IndyEsox_at_aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 9:28 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Keeping Largemouths in Aquarium...

I kept a single bass about that size several years ago. He would come to
the
side of the aquarium and splash excitedly every time I entered the room. I
assume he associated me with food. If he hadn't eaten in several days, he
would take mice.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA

In a message dated 4/25/01 9:08:58 PM US Central Standard Time,