RE: NANFA-- Wanted: A few mussel shells

geoff (gkimber2_at_alltel.net)
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:00:19 -0500

look at the illinois regs:

http://dnr.state.il.us/fish/digest/index.htm

you need a musselor license to collect or possess mussels in illinois.

Does that mean you can't even possess mussels collected in another state?

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of IndyEsox_at_aol.com
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 8:38 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Wanted: A few mussel shells

It is illegal here in Indiana, too. It is mentioned in the fishing
regulations booklet commonly available at sporting goods stores. Few people
seem to be aware of it.

A few years ago, I spoke with a federal wildlife enforcement officer. He
told me about arresting folks with them. He spoke only of the commercial
poachers.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA

In a message dated 4/4/03 10:57:31 AM US Central Standard Time,