Re: Re: NANFA-- RE: diseased sunfish

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:42:54 -0500

Performing 100% water changes that often, I wonder what the benefit of the bacteria are? You are physically removing the organics, plus the nitrites and nitrates and ammonia. In fact, filtration is unnecessary at this frequency. If you have plant in the tank the frequency may even be detrimental to the health of the plants depending upon the source and make-up of the water. What do you think?

John