Re: NANFA-- My first collection of the year

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:28:31 -0400

<x-flowed>
I'm still not sure on the Luxilus cerasinus reference, but for a good
picture of a flame chub check out "Fishes of Alabama and the Mobile Basin"
by Mettee et al., on page 187. The book is published by Oxmoor House in
Birmingham, and for 'bout $40 is a good book.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Mysteryman <bestfish_at_alaweb.com>
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- My first collection of the year
>Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:57:20 -0700
>At any rate, since we're on the subject, does anyone know where to find
>a picture of N. euryzonas? How about a picture of a Flame Chub?
>Do any of you who know what a Flame Chub is have a copy of the big
>freshwater fish Atlas by Axelrod & Burgess? If so, does it look anything
>like that little gem on page 37? That's the Luxilus cerasinus I
>mentioned earlier, and I think it may be the same fish, since it looks
>too fat & tall to be a Luxilus to me; it looks more Chub-like. Come to
>think of it, the N. signipinnis on page 39 doesn't look right at all. Is
>THAT a euryzonus?
</x-flowed>