Re: NANFA-- My first collection of the year

Mysteryman (bestfish_at_alaweb.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:57:20 -0700

Al G Eaton wrote:

> > > Covington County..hhhhmmmmm....do you find
> > > Pteronotropis euryzonas where you are?
> >
> > In an encyclopedia?
>

> Moon, you are more than welcome to look there. hehehe
>
> =====
> _____________Oooo_______________________
> _____oooO___(___)___________________
> ____(___)____)_/________________
> _____\_(____(_/_____________________
> ______\_)______________________bye
I think I must have missed something.

At any rate, since we're on the subject, does anyone know where to find
a picture of N. euryzonas? How about a picture of a Flame Chub?
Do any of you who know what a Flame Chub is have a copy of the big
freshwater fish Atlas by Axelrod & Burgess? If so, does it look anything
like that little gem on page 37? That's the Luxilus cerasinus I
mentioned earlier, and I think it may be the same fish, since it looks
too fat & tall to be a Luxilus to me; it looks more Chub-like. Come to
think of it, the N. signipinnis on page 39 doesn't look right at all. Is
THAT a euryzonus?