Re: NANFA-- A forward

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:01:36 -0600

But are you willing to let someone else make an arbitrary judgment on it? If the
legislation is reworded, then the addition of other species will be a larger
undertaking and help to keep the law focused on it's intended use and not
someone's personal agenda. Loosely worded the law can be enforced as some
backwater yokel sees fit. Then some innocent person will wind up spending
thousands of dollars in court costs to fight a never ending battle, that they
can't possibly win. Ray's examples are not far from true and they happen every day
due to poorly written legislation. Poorly written laws also enable people that are
breaking them, to escape without penalty.

Vague laws are a huge problem in this country. We need to be extremely aware that
although we don't anticipate someone doing something, given the opportunity, they
most surely will. You can't leave the door open and complain when the flys come
in.

I forwarded this to my Rep and asked him to look into modifying the verbiage to be
more specific to the target threat. I urge you all to do the same.

Ty