RE: NANFA-- cleaning acrylic

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:26:40 -0400

If you need a bit more "umf" than filter floss, use a white floor scrubber
pad. They are very cheap ($1.50) and you can cut them in two to make two
scrubbies. A janatorial supply store also has the "doodlebug holders" which
attach to the end of a pole. The pads stick to them. The doodlebugs are
used for floors and have a joint on them that allows them to move in any
direction. Using one of these allows you to attach any size pole to it if
you need to scrub from a distance. Remember to test whatever it is you are
going to use first on a scrap piece. Then dry it and see if there are any
scratches. If it is wet, you may not see them because the water fills in
the spaces.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo