Re: NANFA-- Spring must be here in Indianapolis

Mach Fukada (fukada_at_aloha.net)
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:36:06 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, nanfa wrote:

I have been havesting Daphnia, Moina, and Mosquito larvae since last, well
I havent stopped. Moina production does decrease int eh winter months.
But even with the temps down to 40-50 F the still keeps on chugging. The
Daphnia does better, but the Moina will out produce it in ideal
conditions. Would it be possible to prevent the freeze over and keep
Daphnia going over the winter? I do know they are day length sensitive
and may start producing males, resting eggs, etc. It doesn't happen here,
but I was just wondering....

MTF