Re: NANFA-- Aquatic earth worms

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:34:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/04 10:09:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
HOLLIS1506_at_webtv.net writes:

> Not only scary but why does it not freeze there?? I assume natural laws
> apply even North of the Mason-Dixon line <VBG>.

Supposedly this is a new mutation. It grows wild here but every year it
returns from the mush it becomes when frozen without being replanted, these plants
were started from a small group that survived the winter without turning to
mush and then were allowed to grow in limited location. Now the normal winter
doesn't faze them. I've seen it happen in milder winters in my own ponds,
somehow a tiny part of a plant would come back after a hard winter. But these don't
just come back they stay green. They are also smaller than regular hyacinths.
BTW I am south of the Mason-Dixon line!

Moon