RE: NANFA-- Virus warning - Sorry, I mispoke...

Bob Sinclair (rjs_at_silcom.com)
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 05:09:35 -0700

All:

I mentioned that requests for "advice" (from unknown persons) carried the
"Code Red" virus. Actually it's the "SirCam" virus. Sorry about that.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Noturus_at_aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 5:18 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Virus warning

In a message dated 8/4/01 1:23:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rjs_at_silcom.com
writes:

<< All:

BEWARE of messages requesting "advice." This is the widely reported Code
Red
virus that's been spreading like wildfire. It hit me hard. I finally took
my
PC to the local computer doctor and hard the hard drive cleaned out. I
didn't lose much, fortunately.

I got one too, but didn't open. It had something about a "boat show" in the
subject line. Then asked for advice in the text. There was a file attached
that I deleted. Watch out, out there!

J.R.