NANFA-- Re: nanfa V1 #1369

Dave McNeely (
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:43:17 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "nanfa" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 10:56 AM
Subject: nanfa V1 #1369

> nanfa Thursday, August 15 2002 Volume 01 : Number
> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:35:31 -0500
> From: Brian Haas <>
> Subject: RE: NANFA-- turf scrubbers
> Okay, as an aquarists who has never ordered reprints but is willing to put
> forth the effort to try, how do I go about doing it? I'd like to get my
> hands on those articles.
> Travis Haas
> Hazel Green, WI

Go to your library, and locate the article you want through a data base or
in a journal. To order a reprint, if your library does not have the
journal, ask the interlibrary loan department of the library to obtain a
copy of the article for you. Or, determine the author's address (it will
probably be listed as a part of the header for the article, or with the
abstract if you found the article in an index), and send a note to the
author requesting a copy. If the author's address is not readily available,
but his or her affiliation is with a university or a museum, the address can
probably be gotten from the institution's web page. If you are not
affiliated with some research or educational organization on whose
letterhead you can send your request, then explain your reason for needing
the article, since authors usually have a limited supply of reprints. Many
authors are quite willing to send reprints in response to email requests,
also. Of course, if your library has the journal, you can simply photocopy
the article, so long as you are within copyright guidelines.

Dave McNeely
/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,