Re: NANFA-- live foods

Bruce Stallsmith (
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:33:16 -0500

My experience is that live brine shrimp are best as a first food. In truth I
haven't spawned any fish since I've had the decapsulated eggs, but I have a
feeling that they wouldn't work so well. I hope to set up some spawning
shiners this spring, though.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL

>Subject: Re: NANFA-- live foods
>Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:23:44 EST
>what do you feed the new born fry. can they take the decap brine shrimp
>or do the fish have to grow for awhile before they can eat the decap brine
>shrimp. I am looking for something that can be fed to the fish as soon as
>they hatch and absorb the egg sack. first food. this seems to be the most
>critical and difficult.
>george arndt
>harvard, mass

/ Association"
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,