Re: NANFA-- More on Species-Area Relations (SARs)

Tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:36:13 +0700

Yes, and in clearwater streams with not much sediments and lots of cover [plants
on the bank, rocks/boulders or water plants] there are also many brightly colorful
fishes eg. darters. I remembered reading about darter characin in the streams in
Andes area with red color from belly to all the posteior part of the bodies. Also
In Thailand in Northern mountain streams there are gold minnow with blue bars and
other stuffs. They seems to disappear when the substrate become very silty. In
blackwater peat waters of South Southeast Asia you find orange-red black banded
barbs, lots of red/green tiny rasboras and the very beautiful [for me] clown
rasbora and clown barb.

Tony
anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th