Re: NANFA-- The Real Cause of Sprawl/Prevention

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:53:23 -0500

Once again, I still maintain, that once all the little guys are gone, you're
in for a big nightmare, and you will wish you had gone to the other places
instead...again, what saves you today, is going to be costly big time in the
future! I still don't even know that it is any more convenient either. I
personally don't like going into a huge 14 mile tombstone of a store, just
to buy one lightbulb, for example. These places often leave the customer
overwhelmed with a lot of nothing and items that will soon be left out on
the street corner to be hauled away to a landfill.... as I said, it involves
more than just saving ten cents at face value, as to why people should
support whenever possible, their local independent retailer. In the future,
you won't know what a good price is, because the entities that hold all the
goods, can do whatever they want with the price. Being a smart consumer goes
way beyond what we think as saving 10cents at the moment of purchase. Factor
in all I have previously mentioned, and you really don't save a thing.
People often walk over dollars to pick up pennies!  Perhaps I am a little
biased in that I operate an independent business that focuses on quality
not junk, and quantity, which is what everyone usually finds in mass
retailers......

Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com