Re: NANFA-- Want Alligator Gar?

Ty_Hall_at_eFunds.Com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:52:43 -0600

That's what I am looking to do eventually. I have not had any luck getting
mine to eat anything but live fish. I try from time to time, but so far no
luck. I also netted mine in a nearby stream. You have to be careful even
when mixing them with other Pickerel's. They will eat each other. I would
only recommend keeping them with fish of the same or larger size. Mine is
mixed in with Yellow Perch and Bluegills and they seem to all get along.

Ty

I dont know about all of them but did have a grass
pikeral a short while that ate beef pcs, along with
worms etc, in a very short time it would snap up
anything dropped into the tank.It adapted extremely
well.

I received it from a neighbor kids mother who was
horrifed when it ate the neon tetras, livebearers etc
in their community tank. They had brought it home from
a nearby lake after netting it in the grass along the
shore.

It was just about 7-8" but quite prettily marked and
for sure active. I held it for almost a month before
returning it to the same lake.

I'd keep a small group of them in a 55 or 75 in a
heartbeat. Lots of val, maybe a rock or two and you'd
have an attractive tank.
jake