NANFA-- Speaking of "fish viewers"

Doug Dame (
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:52:30 -0500

I have it in mind that old-time naturalists used some kind of a "'reverse periscope" gizmo to stay out of the water while oogling fishes in their natural environment.

And I'm sure that this device had a more precise name than "fish viewer" ... anybody know (a) what it's called, and (b) if such products are still commercially available ?

doug dame
interlachen FL
(where xmas lists are being assembled)

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,