Re: NANFA-- Re: nanfa V1 #1467

m c (midgatutordigests_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 00:02:06 -0800 (PST)

Farmers have always had an understanding of evolution,
and have been harnessing it since farming began.
Domestication, and other froms of species alteration
though Human selection, are merely an acceleration of
natural selection down an un-natural path. It is only
because the species involved change relativly little
over the lifetime of an individual generation of
farmers, that they do not realize how much change has
occured.

By "as much as they need to know" I am only facing
reality. Most of the students that I will be teaching
will not leave the farm. And those that do will
likely stray only as far as the factories and kaolin
mines nearby. They also have a life time of
indoctration in Creationism. Getting them to
understand natural selection without turely
"believing" in evolution is acceptible. It is not
worth it in most cases to push any farther. I won't
be producing very many bio tech workers.

It is simular to race relations. Accepting other
races as "equals" and allowing social events in mixed
company and friendships is an achivible point, but
getting people to accept inter racial dating....

The reason that there are 87 churches in this county
(that I found) is that 1\3 of them are "Black". There
is no longer any seperation by church doctrine, but
people still go to the church that their family has
always gone to. The White folks go to the white
churches, and the Black folks go to the black
churches.

I once spoke at a CME (Christian Methodist Epsitical,
formerly Coloured Methodist Epsitical before some of
their urban churches desegerated, don't ask me the
difference between them and the A(frican)ME, we got
both and I couldn't tell) Church. It was in an
outlying area between the {White} United Metodist
Church and the Afican Baptist Church. This is
typical. (in Kite there are 2 white baptist churchs in
the same association; one on either side of the White
Methodist Church) I was told that there used to be an
AME between the CME and the ABC, but they combined
with the CME, though many of the AMEs moved onto
another AME down the road rather than join the CME.
These churches had been there since "Slave time". The
White folks weren't meeting that night, but I did
"steal" the congragation of the of the ABC and put
them in the CME before their preacher got there. He
was quite apprecitive that I did and they all got the
Voting Machine Demo together. The the ABCs went back
to their church for their sermon, and I ran over to
the Primitive Baptist (white) Church on the otherside
of the county for my 9PM show. Their membersihp in
the PBA is under review for being too lively. They
consider themselves to be "Bapticostals" and were
really siked up because their guest speaker the next
week was going to be a missonary from Zambia. Not a
missonary from the U.S. to Zambia, but a missonary
sent from Zambia to preach to the U.S. .

Which I guess fits since when I was in school we had a
Peace Corp worker sent to teach Spanish.

This may all seem quite off topic, but it does
demonstrate my working conditions and the reasons for
some of the compromises that I will be making.

It also explains why I have the endorsment and
blessing of the CME as a teacher before my frist bio
lecture. Also, the heads of the NAACP and SCLC are
"very excited" that I will be joining the staff at the
high school even though they know that as a member of
The Sons' of Confederate Veterans we are on oppisite
sides of the Courthouse Monument issue.

Anyway, that is the News from 102 Chester Dr.,
Wrightsville Ga, 31096