Re: NANFA-- water bugs

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:39:31 -0600

This doesn't meet your "pocket" requirement, but if you can get those
little buggers home you can use " Freshwater Macroinvertebrates of
Northeastern North America" by Peckarsky, Fraissinet, Penton and
Conklin. It has keys, life history and pictures (line drawings) of both
larval and adult forms. Especially good for IDing those larvae. Got
it at http://www.bioquip.com $32. They have a very nice selection of
naturalist books and were quite communicative when one of the books I
requested was not in stock but told me when It might be available.

John