Re: NANFA-- trading post

Mark (nanfa_at_jonahsaquarium.com)
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:17:17 -0500

>At 11:05 PM -0500 12/4/03, IndyEsox_at_aol.com wrote:
>Was that the pregnant female Hellbender from the last breeding pair of Giant
>12' Hellbenders last seen in the wild in 1860 central Ohio?

Yeah, what do you think Todd was talking about when he said he was so
impressed by my fish room? I sent the female to Chris since his
place has been so "productive" lately. They've been in my basement
all this time (since 1860). Were there when I moved in! I guess
there used to be a stream running right through here. I think they
crawled in through the sewage pipes. Must have been among those
thousands of miles of stream that Randy Sanders (ODNR) told us about
that have been put underground in Ohio - just to get them out of the
way! But Chris, you have to feed the _albino_ sturgeons to her.
They say that's the spawning trigger for those beasts. I guess
that's why they are so hard to find any more.

--
Mark
Ohio