RE: NANFA-- Required Reading for SC Convention

Dustin Smith (dsmith73_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:34:16 -0500

Best book currently available on SC fishes is Freshwater Fishes of the
Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware by Fritz Rohde, et al. There's
not a book strictly on the fishes of SC, yet, but this one covers nearly
every fish you're likely to run into. There is a book in the works by Fritz
on just the fishes of SC but there is no definite release date yet. There
is also a book on the fishes of the Middle Savannah River basin that should
be released some time after the first of the year. Look forward to having
you down. Dustin

Also just ordered a highly recommended German book on crayfish. I'll let
you know how it is.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Todd Crail" <farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Subject: NANFA-- Required Reading for SC Convention
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:24:40 -0500

Greetings all... My wife said "Find yourself some Christmas presents". And
I shall... :)

I looked through the list on the website, it seems there's a few books that
will generally hit SC fishes, but I wasn't sure which ones would be best.

Any thoughts on what books would be good to prepare for the Convention?

Also, about a year ago we kicked around some good field guides for
invertebrates... I lost the email and haven't been able to find it in the
archive, the website links are just links (I like something I can read in
bed before I go to sleep :) Suggestions again? Sorry to duplicate effort.

Thanks!
Todd

http://www.farmertodd.com