RE: NANFA-- 3.5 lb Barbel kills angler

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:28:33 -0500

Yes, in much of the UK fishing rights are owned by landed gentry, private
groups, or the crown, and wardens WILL come after you if you engage in
poaching. Parts of maritime Canada are like this too, based on the same
system. In America, everyone is entitled... so use it!

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "geoff" <gkimber2_at_alltel.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: RE: NANFA-- 3.5 lb Barbel kills angler
>Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:26:44 -0500
>
>You know what's the creepiest?
>
>(last line of the story)
>Only one other angler has drowned on the same stretch of river since 1934,
>according to the Civil Service Angling Society which owns the fishing
>rights.
>
>How can a group own fishing rights to a piece of river?
>
>Would I have to get permission to fish in the Thames from this group?
>
>Geoff Kimber
>Lexington,KY
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com