NANFA-- FW: Research/Internship???

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:05:02 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: JUSTIN TASCHEK
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 12:45 PM
Subject: Research/Internship???

Hello North American Native Fish Association,

My name is Justin Taschek and I am currently a fourth year Animal
Science major with a concentration in pre-veterinary medicine at the
California Polytechnic State Universtiy of San Luis Obispo. I have
contacted you in hopes you can enlighten me as to any contacts or
opportunities I may participate in. Let me explain. My past two summers
have been spent up on in Alaska (Bristol Bay) fishing for sockeye salmon.
During this exposure to Alaska and the salmon fishing industry, I developed
a strong interest in the salmon itself. I wish to gain a deeper
understanding as to why the stocks are so low and what can be done to help
out this situation.
In need of a senior project research assignment, I have decided this is
the direction I would like to focus my research in. Anything having to do
with the Pacific Salmon would be very beneficial to my education. I am
looking for any research/internship or possibly cooperative learning
opportunities for this summer or possibly Fall semester. If you have any
leads or contacts I would appreciate your help... Thank you very much for
your NANFA; I look forward to hearing back from you...

e-mail: sushisurfer_at_hotmail.com

Justin Taschek
594 Blanca Street
Morro Bay, Ca, 93442