Re: NANFA-- state fish of Ohio

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:36:30 -0500

<x-flowed>
When I was writing letters to state reps, I suggested we have a state NON
GAME or commercial fish named, so as to avoid a controversy. I spoke several
times with the Division of Natural Areas and Preserves about getting a
Rainbow Darter on a license plate. I thought they would sell rapidly, just
because of the colorful fish on the plate. While many liked the idea, there
seemes to be an attitude in the division that suggests that if they didn't
think of it first, then no one else has the right to suggest them
anything...