RE: NANFA--plywood aquariums?

Denkhaus, Robert (Robert.Denkhaus_at_fortworthgov.org)
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:33:11 -0600

I've been toying with the idea of using a material known as "glassboard" or
"FRP" over plywood or chipboard for aquaria. It's easier to work with than
formica laminate and is just as waterproof. It is the material used to cover
walls and ceilings in public restrooms. The problem, and the benefit, is that
the material has a tetured surface (kind of a bubbly texture) that may hinder
adhesion but also offer an interesting texture for algae growth on the back of
the tank.

Any thoughts or experience?

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge