Re: NANFA-- Fundulus confluentus

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:24:51 -0500

<x-flowed>
You can find F. confluentus about as far north as the mouth of the James
River (I think?) at the southwest corner of Chesapeake. I've never heard of
the species as far north as Annapolis or the Bay Bridge area in general.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- Fundulus confluentus
>Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:42:46 -0500
>
>Has anyone on the list ever encountered F. conflluentus (the Marsh
>Killifish) in the Chesapeake Bay region? My Peterson Field Guide to
>Atlantic Coast Fishes says they're found from the Chesapeake Bay to
>Florida,
>but I've never encountered them on collecting trips to either the Annapolis
>area, Point Lookout, or Ocean City.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bob
>/ Association"