RE: NANFA-- 135 gal. Freshwater Tank

Shane Graber (
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:39:46 -0500

> I'd use those propellor water mover things too instead of a
> pump... No heat
> and it really moves a volume. Can't think of what they're called....
> Liquid Shane-o, what are those called?

At one time, there were two options: Reef-Tec's and Tunze Streams.
Reef-Tec essentially is dead (too many problems w/ the Little Giant direct
drive submersible pumps in saltwater). The Tunze Streams put out a
*serious* amount of flow and if that's what you're looking for they kick
serious butt. They're fairly pricey tho but the reefkeepers I know that
have them absolutely love them:

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,