Re: NANFA-- tadpole madtoms looking amarous.

Todd Crail (farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com)
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:19:25 -0500

Thanks for the observations in the wild Ray. That is helpful information.

Yeah I know what you mean Matt. But considering that a cloudy day in Ohio
is probably more light energy coming off a couple flourescent bulbs over a
tank, it'd have to have some affect. I'd say temp has a lot to do with
everything, but I know that's impossible to be totally true because I've
seen walleye, bass and bluegill spawning at "the same time" yearly, with
huge variation in water temp... Esp walleye.

----- Original Message -----
From: "matt ashton" <ashtonmj2003_at_yahoo.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- tadpole madtoms looking amarous.

> I kinda wonder about photoperiod sometimes...especially up here in ohio
>
> we had that month last year where the sun wasnt visible for 28 days
straight

> maybe its a trigger or a kick in the pants but everytime ive gotten
detailed with the gradual incriments it didnt work. especially in my attempt
with banded darters which were in a pseudo stream riffle run tank in a
greenhouse that recieved real time photo periods. I mean the fish sure
looked great but I didnt find a single egg...having an issue with some large
snails probably didnt help that though.