Re: NANFA-- A cyprinid aquarium, Alabama style

Bruce Stallsmith (
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 13:05:25 EST

Unfrotunately, I don't know what the deal is for non-resident collecting
permits. My cynical take is to say get a non-resident fishing license
because no one in the state seems to really care about collecting non-game
natives, for better or worse. But you're collecting for valid
scientific/research purposes, so I would think you would qualify for a legit
permit. I'll try to find out this week. The Commissioner of Conservation &
Natural Resources is Riley Boykin Smith, so he'll be the target of my
search. (I assume he's in Montgomery.)

--Bruce Stallsmith

>From: "Steven A. Ellis" <>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- A cyprinid aquarium, Alabama style
>Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 09:33:36 -0500
>Do you happen to know what a non-resident permit costs in AL? Many of the
>streams we use in NW GA cross into AL, and it's hard to stop at the line
> Steven,
> Kennesaw, GA

Get Your Private, Free Email at

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,