Re: NANFA-- Time to liven things up a bit

Richard Bell (bellphoto_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 15:39:16 PST

Yes, I'm almost certain that this is the case with the Aquarium. It's an
open system with the cold water tanks. I'm not sure about their tropical
exhibits.

For a very interesting discussion of an actual environmental disaster caused
by an Aquarium doing just this there's a book called 'Killer Algae' a true
tale of a biological invasion by Alexandre Meinesz.

Another concern of mine would be the introduction of pathogens through the
use of commercial frozen foods which are often used by the Aquariums.

Richard