Re: NANFA-- Great Lakes in-depth

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:33:32 -0500

Dave

I'm having trouble identifying some sculpins we caught during our trip
in NW GA this weekend. I plan to post a report once I sort out our catch,
but I'm hampered by a lack of field manuals. The Peterson's we got from the
library is not very helpful with sculpins. Anyway, I caught two of the same
kind (I think). One is about 4.5" long and the other is less than 2". The
large one is marked like a banded sculpin, except he has a broad band of
white from just behind the eyes to the dorsal fin. The smaller one is just
like it, except the dark part of his body is almost black. Any clues?

Thanks,
Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA