NANFA-- Re: pump

Duncan Mahoney (
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:11:26 -0800

A couple years ago I got a few catalogs from American Science & Surplus,, and they had a couple of Archimedian pumps listed.
No mention of them on the website, but might be worth a phone call to see
if there's one left in stock. Also, the old Graco Roto-Flow (at least I
think that was the name) paint "sprayers" used a plastic Archimedes screw
to lift paint from the reservoir to the plate which flung the paint out of
the unit by centripetal force. Given the abrasive nature of paint, these
parts were expected to wear and some places that sold the units kept the
screw and tube as spare parts. So you might find these parts lurking in
the back room of the local paint store. Just out of curiosity, what's
wrong with using either a peristaltic pump or a rubber diaphram pump?


/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,