Re: NANFA-- underwater camera

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:49:37 -0800

Hi Katrina,

Do you or Jeff know where I can get a cheap mask and snorkel? I am hoping
to do a bit of creek snorkeling.

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Katrina kruse <underseavisions_at_attglobal.net>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- underwater camera

Check out the Seaview website (search under Seaview or Seaview Industries) -
don't know what system you are referencing, but it sounds like these guys.
This
system supposedly drops over the side of your boat, is good to some extreme
depth
(600 feet or something) but requires you do have a TV on your boat to get
live
video. I have no idea how it is made, but from my photo experience I know
that
everything corrodes, wears, and leaks eventually no matter what you do (my
Nikonos
has 15 o-rings of which 3 are serviceable by me). Check out where servicing
is
available. katrina