Re: NANFA-- pikeminnow (was Mosquito fish)

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 23:49:14 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 10:07 AM 1/5/01, Ty Hall wrote:
>Sorry but I agree with Jay on this one.

Oh, geez, Ty, don't let that happen too often. Someone may use it against
you one day!

>They took a perfectly good name and
>changed it solely to be "politically correct".

Well, more politically sensitive than PC I think. Losing the old name was
probably justified. If it was called something like niggerfish I don't
think there would be too much debate about the need for a change. I'm just
not fond of the new name expecially when there are so many other fishes
with equally bad common names. Chris named several.

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>